If you have ever considered yourself a green-conscious individual, one of the first things you would do was to switch to an eco-friendly bottleless water dispenser. It is also a chosen commercial water appliance. This article will explore the benefits of a bottleless water dispenser and the brands which provide them.
What Is A Bottleless Water Dispenser?
A bottleless water dispenser or water cooler is a countertop appliance that provides filtered drinking water. It works by dispensing water through a spout, using either a filter that removes impurities or the one that heats the water to remove bacteria. This reduces the amount of trash entering landfills and cuts down on the energy used in transporting all those bottles.
How Does a Bottleless Water Dispenser Work?
The water from the bottleless water dispenser is not heated. This ensures no wastage of energy takes place to heat the water. It can be stored in a jug for approximately 60 days before it has to be replaced. It is more environmental-friendly than a bottled water dispenser (top-loading or bottom-loading). Also, the water is filtered using a carbon block filter, which pulls the chlorine out of the water. This ensures taste-free water which is free of preservatives or other chemicals. The system uses reverse osmosis to remove all contaminants from the water for high purity and clarity.
Design of a Bottleless Water Dispenser
The sleek design for the bottleless water dispenser is a simple freestanding device that can be placed anywhere on the countertop or tabletop. You can use it to get chilled water as well as hot water. The convenience of the device also makes it a great addition for places where you have multiple people who come and go during the day.
Benefits of Bottleless Water Dispenser
The bottleless water dispenser has several benefits for the environment, as well as your family. A few of them are described as under
1. Environmental Benefits
The bottleless water dispenser saves both money and resources as it uses significantly less material than bottled water. Furthermore, it prevents thousands of plastic bottles from entering landfills each year. It is a great choice for the daily consumption of purified drinking water or in waiting rooms where multiple people require water. This is because the container can provide the required water quantity to numerous users at the same time.
2. Cost Savings
The cost of the bottled water is significantly higher than the bottleless water dispenser. A single 500-ml plastic bottle can cost up to $0.72 that provides a cushion of $4 on each litre of water dispensed. So if you are having a hot or cold drink for lunch or dinner and don’t want to spend your capital on bottled water, this is the perfect alternative.
It can store water for several days before the refill bottle is required. The user doesn’t have to worry about drinking gallons and gallons of water every day.
3. Maximize Natural Resources
The bottleless water dispenser needs little maintenance and is easy to operate. It has a very low carbon footprint as it does not require any fossil fuels to operate.
Most will enjoy the benefits of a bottleless water dispenser as it reduces waste in landfills and increases convenience for consumers. A bottleless water dispenser also uses less energy and helps in conserving money.
4. Health and Safety
The drinking water from the bottleless water dispenser is pure, drinkable tap water that comes from your own home’s water-line pipes. The dispenser also has an automatic shut-off for safety.
Bottled Water Dispenser vs Bottleless Water Dispenser
1) A standard bottled water dispenser will use approximately ninety dollars a year in electricity while a bottleless water dispenser can cut that usage down to less than ten dollars. The initial costs are higher. However, since there is an installation fee and replacement costs for the filters.
2) The initial costs of a bottleless dispenser are typically around 600 dollars while the cost of a bottled water dispenser is about 100 dollars. The difference is because of the installation fee.
3) The water from a bottled water dispenser is typically between 60 and 70 degrees Fahrenheit while the temperature of tap water from a bottleless dispenser is usually around 40-50 degrees.
4) A standard water dispenser uses approximately 1,200 gallons per year whereas the bottleless dispenser uses about 350 gallons per year. Despite the initial costs, the bottleless water dispenser has more benefits than a standard bottled water system. It is a great investment for any green-conscious individual.
Top Brands of Bottleless Water Dispenser
1. Brio Moderna Bottleless Water Cooler Dispenser
This water cooler dispenser is very simply designed, making it one of the best bottleless water dispensers available. It has a capacity for up to 5 gallons which is more than many other brands. This bottleless water dispenser is very easy to use and can be cleaned quickly. Beyond the simple design, it also has a black finish that makes it look more modern. The Brio Moderna is a great option for anyone who wants a simple dispenser that offers a lot of space and convenience.
2. AquaDam Bottleless Water Cooler Dispenser
This water dispenser is one of the largest bottleless water dispensers on the market today. It holds up to fifty-five gallons of water and can dispense 24 gallons a minute. It is completely portable, uses no electricity, has a dual-manifold design, and is made from galvanized steel for durability.
The water cooler has an elegant and modern design with a decorative frame. It comes with a pump that provides a misting function if you want to use it as a spray bottle. It is durable enough to withstand all types of weather conditions.
3. Avalon A5 Bottleless Water Cooler Dispenser
The Avalon A5 is a sleek and stylish design, making it one of the best bottleless water dispensers that you can buy. It can hold six gallons of water at any given time. It also has an automatic shut-off if no one uses the dispenser for twenty-four hours. This is great for getting the best out of your dispenser. It uses a regular long neck water bottle for refills, making it very easy to use and clean. The Avalon A5 is Energy Star approved and comes with a child safety lock feature on the hot water spout for a worry-free experience.
4. Aquverse a6500-K Bottleless Water Cooler Dispenser
This is one of the most economical bottleless water dispensers you can buy. It has a capacity of holding six gallons and has a unique design that stands out from others. This bottleless water dispenser uses a regular long neck water bottle for refills and is very easy to lift and move around. The Aquverse A6500-K is made from solid stainless steel, making it very durable and resistant to rusting. It has an automatic shut-off feature and can only be used by one person at a time.
5. Klean Kanteen Classic Bottleless Water Cooler Dispenser
This water dispenser is made from stainless steel and can hold five gallons of water. It is designed to fit into any kitchen. It also has a five-liter cap so it will store about thirty bottles of water at any given time. The Klean Kanteen has a dual-manifold design for efficient functionality. It is also easy to clean and doesn’t require any electricity.
Important Safety Guidelines of Bottleless Water Dispensers
1. Do not touch or place your hands on the cold water side of the dispenser.
2. Do not insert any instruments such as knives or metal objects into the product for cleaning purposes since they may damage the unit.
3. Unplug the power supply while cleaning the dispenser to avoid electric shock hazards and remove any foreign objects that may have dropped into the product.
4. Do not use a broom or any other cleaning tool to clean the unit since this may damage the unit.
5. The spring for the water flow should never be cleaned with a knife or any type of abrasive material due to the possibility of breaking off.
6. Never use a gas-powered water blast cleaner to clean the unit since it may damage the unit.
7. Ensure that the product is not placed on a wet floor to avoid water flow stoppage.
How To Maintain A Bottleless Water Dispenser
1. Before making any connections to the product, remove any loose items from the unit.
2. Do not wash the dispenser with chemicals such as bleach or other harsh chemicals since they may cause residue on the units and damage it to the point where it will need to be replaced.
3. The filters should be replaced once every six months for maximum efficiency. However, if you have difficulties with your unit, then a one-year replacement may be more suitable.
4. The faucet sensor is located at the bottom section of the dispenser and will need to be checked regularly as well, and if anything is obstructing it, then it needs to be replaced as well.
5. The water flow spring should be checked for any blockage every six months, and it should be cleaned with a shop vacuum to remove any loose particles or debris.
6. The filters should be replaced once every six months for maximum efficiency.
7. The tube on the top section of the dispenser should be unscrewed and cleaned every six months.
8. The water flow spring should be checked for any blockage every six months, and it should be cleaned with a shop vacuum to remove any loose particles or debris.
If you’re interested in creating an environmental-friendly living space for your family, the bottleless water dispenser is an excellent choice. These systems are highly efficient and provide great-tasting water with no preservatives or other chemicals. It is easy to install and offers many benefits over time.